Monday, June 26, 2006

Happy Birthday, B-I-L

set of 10 knitted golf club covers

My brother-in-law's birthday was earlier this month. These knitted golf club covers were his Christmas present and part of his birthday present. My stepsister was so enthusiastic about the idea when I asked if he had golf club covers, there was no retreating when I found out that he had 8 irons and 2 wedges that were bare.

Almost all golf club cover patterns use stripes to denote the number of the club which is not practical for numbers over 5, so I did some adapting. I started with a knit pattern in Leisure Arts Leaflet #99, "Odds 'n Ends to Knit and Crochet". I eliminated the stripes to denote the club number and put a single stripe at the edge of the ribbing. I charted the numbers 2 through 9 and the letters 'L' and 'P', which I added with duplicate stitch. The pattern leaflet is copyright 1977, so I'm sure it is no longer available. Ironically, I bought the leaflet for the crocheted golf club cover pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment