Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Baseball Panel Quilts

baseball themed quilt

Hooray! I finished the last baseball panel quilt today and it's still baseball season. The baseball pillow panel fabric in the center of the quilt was a $1 a yard Hobby Lobby clearance find about a year ago. I think I bought 6 yards or 12 quilts worth. I had the all-over baseball print in the outer border from an earlier find and found some red in the stash for the inner border.

I backed most of these baseball panel quilt tops with twill fabric and did not use batting. Using the pillowcase method for finishing, no binding is needed either. Since there is no batting, minimal quilting is needed to hold the layers together. It's a quick blanket to make, but a dozen are boring. I did have some help, mostly from our 3rd Sunday Project Linus group that meets at JoAnns in Independence, MO.

No comments:

Post a Comment