Monday, August 21, 2006

Needlework at Missouri State Fair - Part 1

The Missouri State Fair ended yesterday. On Friday, for the first time ever, I went to the MO State Fair. I took my camera and was frustrated by the needlework entries being displayed in glass cases or way up high. I managed to get a few good pictures.

card trick quilt

This quilt is an interesting version of the card trick block.

applique animals quilt

This applique quilt with the animals is really cute.

3-D doily

This heavily starched doily has 3-dimensional bells. Very nice work. I rested my camera on the glass top of the display case to take this picture.

hexagon doily

This hexagon flower doily is pretty.

Look for embroidery and 4-H exhibits in Needlework at the Missouri State Fair - Part 2, coming soon. In the meantime, ramble over to a Trip to the State Fair on my other blog to see what 4-H'ers can do with John Deer fabric. There's a couple of Budweiser Clydesdales there also.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting pieces---the log cabin areas on the pinwheely like block echoing the small pieced blocks. The appliqued animal is adorable and lucky person who owns that!

    Too bad about the needlework being too far away to get a good look but what you did show is nice!

    ReplyDelete