Saturday, September 02, 2006

Slipping Out of Quilting Mode

I spent time this morning doing various chores, partly getting ready to go out of town for a few days. My feet are still telling me they don't like standing as much as I have the last couple of days. By late morning, I had to take a break. After a quick snack, I quilted about 45 minutes. I finished machine quilting one of the Project Linus crayon tops that I started about 2 weeks ago. It's backed with fleece. I need to trim the fleece, turn the cut edge over the border and stitch it down. When I get that done, I'll take a picture to post.

I hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend. I'm heading south for a family dinner tomorrow and will stay with my mom a couple of days. We're going to Silver Dollar City in Branson, probably on Tuesday. I won't do any quilting while I'm gone, but I will take other handwork, reading material, and the computer. I won't get on the Internet much with only dialup access, but maybe I'll get inspired to work on a writing a pattern for the website or drafting a blog article or two to publish after I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment