Saturday, December 29, 2007

What's in Those Gift Bags? - Part 1

fabric gift bags

Christmas is past and most gifts are open. I say most, because the package I mailed to my Albuquerque friends on December 13 just arrived today, 16 days later! I can start sharing those secret projects I worked on the last couple of months. The photo above is the gifts given to family. Ignore the box wrapped in green paper. The fabric gift bags are what I traditionally give Christmas gifts in. This was my contribution to the rather large assortment of gift packages at my mom's.

knit Christmas stockings

I made these Christmas stockings for my niece and nephew-in-law in honor of their first Christmas as a married couple. The pattern is Star Brocade from the book Knit Christmas Stockings edited by Gwen Steege. The wine and white yarn is Red Heart Soft. The green yarn is "I Love This Yarn" bought at Hobby Lobby.

Christmas stocking leg detail

This photo of the leg of the wine stocking shows the detail of the white seed stitch band and the 5-pointed star design.

toe of Christmas stocking

The stockings have a round toe formed by decreasing 12 stitches per round alternated with 4, 3, 2, 1 and 0 rounds with no decreases.

keyhole scarflet

I made this keyhole scarflet for my mom. It was a gift for her December 23rd birthday. The pattern is a slightly modified version of the keyhole scarflet pattern on the Berroco website. I used Moda Dea Dream yarn in Raspberry (color 3773).

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment