Thursday, February 14, 2008

Blanket Frenzy

Saturday is our KC Project Linus chapter's National Make a Blanket Day. Some of our blanketeers don't sew, so I'm hoping someone will tie a couple of my tops and turn them into finished blankets. I have 2 quilts ready to turn in (the first 2 shown in Finished Quilts) and the ripple afghan I showed yesterday.

I have the purple squares quilt top ready to tie. I'm preparing the Easy X quilt top with the bears for tying and I'm getting the top from the national parks panel ready to quilt. These last 2 quilt tops were featured in Quilting Report. I hope I can finish the national parks quilt and turn it in Saturday. And I still need to dig through my stash to pick fabrics and cut them for the Snuggle Up pattern we'll be making Saturday.

teal and plaid split strippy quilt

I finished this split strippy quilt top on Tuesday. The teal makes a wonderful contrast with the earth tones of the plaid. So eye catching, yet quick to make.

I'm off to do a bit of hand sewing and knitting before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment