Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Mom's Birthday Socks - Finished!

Mom's birthday socks - side view Mom's birthday socks - front view Mom's birthday socks - flat view

My mom's birthday socks are finished. I drove down to Springfield Saturday afternoon and spent a couple of days with her. While I was there, she tried both socks on. She was happy with the fit, so I used a sewn cast-off and finished the socks.

The pattern is based on the Fingering Weight Toe-Up Socks with Gusset and Slip-Stitch Heel from Wendy Knits' Free Patterns, Help, and Other Stuff page. I increased the number of stitches, added a rib stitch pattern and made the gusset bigger. I subsituted Cat Bordhi's "Turned Toe" from Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles and used the magic cast-on.

Previous posts: Mom's Birthday Socks - Progress, Mom's Birthday Socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment