I'm a little late (OK, a lot late), but this is my February progress report on making hats for our local AT&T TeleComm Pioneers chapter to give to City Union Mission. I finished 4 more caps for a total of 9 hats/caps this year toward my goal of 48 hats. Remember, click on any photo for a larger view.
I knitted this cap, top to bottom, in Homespun. I started with an I-cord and tied a knot when the cap was finished. I kept knitting until I ran out of yarn, so there is a fairly wide turn up brim. My quilt group dubbed this the belly button hat.
This hat is done in half double crochet following my yet-to-be written Formula Hat pattern. The yarn is Lion Brand Jiffy, color name: grape. The green is a hairy worsted/bulky weight novelty yarn of unknown origin. Someone gave me an unlabeled skein and I don't remember who or when.
Another half double crochet Formula Hat, this time with a flared brim. The pink & black yarn is Bernat Super Stripes I bought on clearance.
This cap is knit in stockinette stitch with a ribbed brim. I knit this one bottom to top. The yarn is the pink & black Bernat Super Stripes again.
I started crocheting a ribbed cap in the pink & black Bernat Super Stripes. Over 2 weeks later, it's only half done. The boucle yarn and the crocheted rib isn't a good combination, so inspiration has fled. The yarn is hard to frog, so I should just buckle down and finish the thing. Some kid will love it.