Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Quilt Links

I've been catching up on my quilting magazines and have a couple of links to share.

The International Quilt Study Center in Lincoln, Nebraska has a new home, a brand new museum and research facility designed by architect Robert A. M. Stern. The grand opening of the new museum is scheduled for this Sunday, March 30, 2008. The museum is a 3½ hour drive from my house and I have at least one quilt buddy interested in visiting. I see a road trip in the future.

The Alliance for American Quilts presents Center for the the Quilt Online. The Alliance for American Quilts is a nonprofit organization dedicated to documenting, preserving and sharing our American quilt heritage. Center for the the Quilt Online features Quilters SOS (interviews with 100s of quiltmakers) and The Quilt Index (a database of historic and contemporary quilts) and much more.

You can spend hours surfing these websites and still not see everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment