Tuesday, July 22, 2008

How Do You Help Others?

A recent website visitor (another Susan) emailed me that I helped inspire her to put her crochet hook to work helping babies. Her boss's sister is pregnant and the boss had a terrific idea. Susan and her boss are making 30 pairs of booties, to be filled with candy, for baby shower favors. The boss wrote a cute poem to tell guests they can't take the booties home, because they will be donated.

What great ideas do you have for helping others? I make blankets for Project Linus and hats for a local homeless shelter. I just volunteered to demonstrate the one-seam flying geese and 3-dimensional bow tie blocks at a Quilts from the Bluffs quilt retreat in September. My third Sunday Project Linus group got so excited over these blocks, I'm sure the Quilts from the Bluffs members will love them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment