Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More Baby Gifts

Babies are pretty special. My niece's baby-to-be will be my mom's first great-grandchild, so that makes him extra special. In addition to the quilt and hand-knit socks that I delivered on July 5, I've made a few more things that I'll send to the baby shower via my mom.

terry cloth baby gifts

On the left are 2 hooded towels, 1 dark green and 1 off-white. The bottom layer on the right side is 2 burp pads. On top of the burp pad is a bib (off-white terry with a flannel back) and 3 wash cloths.

I used McCall's pattern #6647, which I purchased in 1981, for the towel and bib. The washcloths are about 9 inches square and the burp pads are about 10" by 18". The burp pads are dark green terry on one side and flannel on the other. The two layers are serged together around the edges. The flannel is the same fabric as the back of the attic windows quilt.

I had trouble finding good quality terry cloth. I found the off-white at Hobby Lobby. The dark green terry was a thick bath sheet. Terry cloth sheds when you cut it. I expect to be cleaning up terry crumbs for weeks.

baby layette

I couldn't resist buying this baby layette the last time I was at Costco. There's a sleeper, hat and receiving blanket.

blue ripple afghan

My mom is visiting. This morning she finished the ripple baby afghan she's been making. She used Baby Bee Sweet Delight Twist Yarn. The color name is bare blue. The baby shower is Saturday, so we're both finishing gifts just in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment