Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ready to Quilt

I'm ready to quilt. The baby gifts are all done and my mom is back home after a 2 day visit. I trimmed these half-square triangle blocks to 6½ inches just before Mom left this morning and have them on my design wall ready to stitch. I think this is a barn raising setting. I'm too lazy to verify that just now. It's also another way to use part of the never ending package of purple squares.

half-square triangle quilt blocks

I spent a few minutes pin-basting the one-seam flying geese quilt after my mom left. It needs a few more pins and it is ready to quilt. I want to finish it before our Project Linus group this Sunday. Knitting club met this afternoon, so I didn't have time to finish the pin-basting.

Today and tomorrow are JudyL's July Quiltathon. With no club meetings, house guests, or errands tomorrow, I should be able to quilt for 2 or 3 hours. I think that qualifies as a mini-quiltathon.

2 comments:

  1. Yup, its barn raising setting. I love two color quilts, plus you'll have lotza nice area to show off some quilting.

    Karen L

    ReplyDelete