Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hats for Charity - The July 5

Project: Hats for City Union Mission from local AT&T Telecom Pioneers.

Personal Goal: Make 48 hats in 2008.
Hats made in July: 5
Hats made Jan. thru July: 32

I apologize for another late report. Some day, I'll post the report early in the month and surprise you.

crochet spiral skull cap

Cap #1 is a spiral skull cap worked in half double crochet with front post double crochets making the spiral design.The brim is alternating front and back post double crochets. The yarn is Red Heart Symphony in the color redwood. The fuzzy yarn obscures the spiral pattern, though it shows more than I expected.

crochet cap

Cap #2 is a new design based on my "Formula" hat design. The top of the hat is half double crochet. I switched to moss stitch (alternating single and double crochet) for the body of the hat and finished the brim with a round of half double crochet. It has a wonderful, interesting texture and the stitch pattern hides the joining of the rounds. The green yarn is Red Heart Super Saver and the variegated is "I Love This Yarn" from Hobby Lobby, color grapevine ombre.

crochet spiral skull cap

Cap #3 is a spiral skull cap. I'll get the pattern on my website someday, I promise. The yarn is "I Love This Yarn" in the color grape.

crochet cap

Cap #4 is a "Formula" hat. I made half a hat and ran out of the royal blue Red Heart Super Saver. It laid around for ages. I finally frogged it and combined the royal blue with other bits of leftover yarn in shades of blue and made lots of stripes with the royal blue spread throughout.

crochet cap

Cap #5 is another "Formula" hat. In this case, I had half a hat in dark teal green (the color is off in the photo). I frogged that, did about 3 rounds in teal at the top of the hat, made stripes from various orange and yellow-orange scraps and did the lower part of the hat in solid teal green with a touch of orange on the edge of the brim. I really like the way this one turned out and I hate orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment