Monday, August 04, 2008

Rocky Start

My UFO and Scrap Busting Month is off to a rocky start. My mom's in the hospital, 150 miles away. I spent the weekend there and came home to get a new air conditioner and furnace installed today. When they called this morning to say they'd be ½ a day late starting the installation, I nearly freaked. Normally it wouldn't be a problem, but now I can't head back to my mom until tomorrow afternoon. You can read the sad story about the demise of my A/C on my other blog.

3 rows of grannys daughter afghan

I've started the granny's daughter afghan. I've got the 3rd row half attached to the first 2 rows. I'll finish the row in the morning while the installer finishes the air conditioner and furnace.

I packed the materials for the afghan Thursday night, since I was going to my mom's for the weekend to celebrate my sister's birthday. So it was ready to grab when I got the phone call Friday morning. I worked on the afghan and on the Interwoven Leaves Socks, but accomplished less than I would have under normal circumstances. I'll take lots of handwork when I go back to my mom's. The quilting will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment