Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Hats for Charity - The August 4

Project: Hats for City Union Mission from local AT&T Telecom Pioneers.

Personal Goal: Make 48 hats in 2008.
Hats made in August: 4
Hats made Jan. thru August: 36

Surprise! Here's my hat report on the 2nd day of the month. I'm taking care of a few chores before I hit the road to Albuquerque on Thursday.

crocheted cap

Cap #1 is a spiral skull cap worked in half double crochet with front post double crochets creating the spiral design. The brim is alternating front and back post double crochets. The red yarn is part of an old, old skein of worsted weight yarn.

crocheted cap

Cap #2 is the rainbow scrap hat that I worked in a continuous spiral. It was included in my August UFO / Scrap Busting reports.

crochet cap

Cap #3 is a "Formula" hat made with Red Heart Symphony. The main part of the hat is the color redwood. The center top and the edge of the brim are the color tundra.

ribbed cap

Cap #4 is the teen/adult ribbed cap pattern on my website. The green yarn is Red Heart Super Saver. The stripes were made with two small balls of off-white in 2 different shades. I need to add a photo to the pattern listing in Ravelry and the one on my website is too small. I couldn't find the original photo, so I made another hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment