Sunday, October 12, 2008

Confession Time

After vacation in Albuquerque and a quilt retreat occupying me for the first 2/3 of September, I found myself with an urge to watch my collection of Alias Smith and Jones episodes. I purchased the pilot movie on VHS tape in the 90s. I also have 43 episodes taped off the old CBN (Christian Broadcast Network) in the mid-1980s. The quality is not great. I copied the episodes from Beta to VHS format when my Beta-format VCR disappeared in the move to Kansas City, 12 years ago.

I've watched about 37½ hours of Alias Smith and Jones in the last 3 weeks. Some of it more than once. I'm going to order the first season on DVD and see if UPS can get through the construction detour to my house this week. The quality will be much better than my tapes and there will be no scenes missing to insert more commercials.

That's part of why I've done so little blogging in the last month. Another reason is my right wrist/hand is a little sore, so I've cut back on computer time and crafting. Alias Smith and Jones and the new TV season have filled the time quite enjoyably.

No comments:

Post a Comment