I started this afghan last year in the spring or summer. I completed the center stripe and the afghan languished with little or no progress each month. Since resigning as Project Linus Coordinator, this is one of the things I've been inspired to resume working on. I finished it today on Cinco de Mayo.
The coral yarn was reclaimed from an unfinished afghan. The pattern stitch is a half double crochet alternating with a chain 1. The hdc is made in the chain spaces. This is similar to the original design.
The afghan was a bit small, so I added the white stripes and edging to make it a more useful size. The finished afghan is 37.5" by 44" and used about 18 ounces of coral and 8 ounces of white yarn.