Saturday, May 22, 2010

Three More Caps

Over the last 2 weeks, I've made 3 more caps for our AT&T Telecomm Pioneers project for a total of 21 so far this year.

stockinette stitch csp

This first hat was knit from the top down, starting with I-cord and increasing to the full diameter. The variegated yarn is Red Heart Super Saver in the color Watercolor. My goal was to finish the skein of Watercolor, but I still have a small ball left. The brim is knit 2, purl 2 ribbing in Dark Sage Red Heart Super Saver.

Griddle Stitch cap

This hat is crocheted in Griddle Stitch (alternating single and double crochet). I love the texture. The yarn is Red Heart Super Saver in Dark Sage.

Poppy hat

This hat is knit from the pattern Poppy by Justine Turner of Just Jussi. You can see Justine's hat patterns on her website and download the free pdf files.

Poppy is designed as a baby/toddler hat. I used Red Heart Super Saver in medium purple and US size 8 needles (5.0 mm) to create a larger hat. I made a couple of minor modifications including knitting the band in the round, omitting the tab.

The hat was quick to knit and I plan to give it another try since the hat is a bit smaller than I'd like. It's a very stretchy design and stretched to fit on my model, though the hat size is more appropriate for a smaller head.

No comments:

Post a Comment