Monday, March 26, 2012

Hugs and Kisses - Design Wall Monday

Wow! It's been a week since I last shared anything here. The only sewing I did in the last 6 days, was cutting the outer border for the bow tie quilt I showed last Monday and stitching the strips together so they were long enough. This morning I decided it was time to dig in and sew the borders on.

Hugs and Kisses Bow Tie quilt top

Ta-da! A complete quilt top. I call this design "Hugs and Kisses."

One reason I did almost no sewing in the last week is I've been uncovering some of the horizontal surfaces in my house; company's coming. Another reason is I'm avidly watching my way through the entire 4-season boxed DVD set of the old Wiseguy TV series from the late 1980s.

scrappy heart blocks

While uncovering horizontal surfaces in my sewing/quilting area, I keep finding leftover bits and pieces of old projects. Some orphan blocks, but lots of leftover strip pieces and ends of strip sets.

I found some scrappy heart blocks left from this quilt top in 2008 and some leftover bits of the 2" strips. So I pieced together 2 more scrappy hearts when I finished the borders on "Hugs and Kisses" this morning.

Visit Patchwork Times to see what Judy L. and a bunch of other people have on their design wall today.

No comments:

Post a Comment