Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Simple Skyp - Heel Update

Partly inspired by the fun color patterning of the yarn, partly revived by a 4 month break from sock knitting, I'm working on my Simple Skyp socks almost daily. I finished the feet and heels in 3 weeks!

Simple Skyp sock heels

Just look at the fun stripes produced by the Opal Hundertwasser yarn (color 750 (3206) "Blinde Venus"). I'm going to love wearing these socks.

Simple Skyp sock foot

Here's a top view of the instep so you can see the Skyp ribbing pattern. I switched from size 0 (2.0 mm) to size 1 (2.25 mm) needles about ½" above the heel for a little extra circumference to offset the ribbing on the back of the leg versus the stockinette stitch on the bottom of the foot.

Simple Skyp sock insteps

Earlier post about these socks: New Sock Project - Simply Skyp

No comments:

Post a Comment