Monday, January 21, 2013

Design Wall Monday - Diagonal Puzzle

On my design wall today are my quilt blocks from yesterday's meeting of our 3rd Sunday Project Linus blanket group.

Diagonal Puzzle quilt blocks

Our Fast & Fun quilt top for January 2013 was Diagonal Puzzle and it proved to be a bit of a challenge. One group member misunderstood the instructions and is creating a totally different design. My seam ripper was my best friend as I kept stitching squares onto the wrong strips and then onto the wrong end of the right strip!

I managed to get all the pieced blocks stitched together and the large solid pieces cut at our meeting yesterday. This morning, I pressed the pieced blocks and arranged it my design wall. If I can keep the pieces turned the right way for the trip from the design wall to the sewing machine, it won't take long to finish stitching it together.

What's on your design wall? Visit Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times to see what JudyL and many others are working on and add your own Design Wall Monday post to the Linky list.

No comments:

Post a Comment