Friday, September 01, 2006

In Quilting Mode

flying geese quilt top

I finally got back in quilting mode this week. Today I finished the flying geese top that I showed you the blocks for on Wednesday. It looks a lot like the one I finished the second Saturday of July, but the geese fabrics are arranged slightly differently. The credit for the fabric combination goes to Jeanine, the coordinator of our Quilts from Cornerstone group.

pink and green 9 patch quilt blocks

To keep my chain of pieces going, I stitched these pink and green 9 patches together in between parts of the geese top. I made a queen-size Burgoyne Surrounded quilt from these 2 fabrics. It's kind of hideous. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought the fabrics. It's not that they clash; they're just overwhelming in quantity. Anyway, I found the leftover pieces in my scrap basket and I'm trying to figure out something to do with them. I was hoping that sewing the 9 patches together would help inspire me, but nothing yet. I'll leave them on the design wall to haunt me and see if that helps. I have a few more small pieces of the pink and green fabrics, but I'm going to have to find something to go with them.

1 comment:

  1. good plan to sew something in between the primary project. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete