Friday, May 11, 2007

Support Your Local Quilt Shop

I supported my local quilt shops and bought fabric for the Lone Star quilt for my niece's wedding gift. Seventeen yards of fabric later, I have everything for the top and binding. I'll get the batting and the fabric for the back later.

fabric for Lone Star points

Liz requested sage green, cream and maroon in her Lone Star quilt. I didn't succeed in making sage green the dominant color, but I did get some greens. The 6 fabrics in this photo will be the diamonds in the Lone Star points.

Background and border fabrics

These are the background and border fabrics. The borders will be plain strips in different widths; no fancy piecing. The green print on the far right is the outside border and binding. The maroon is the widest border, as in a lot of maroon hanging on the sides of the bed. The same maroon fabric is one of the star point fabrics. The tan fabric with maroon flowers, on the left, is the background.

I had a hard time finding a fabric for a border between the background and the maroon. I wanted to use green and none of them were working. The clerk suggested using a completely different color. That triggered a light bulb moment and I headed for the gold colorway in the same Thimbleberries print as the 4th star fabric (counting from the left). That worked!

Click on any picture for a larger view.

No comments:

Post a Comment