Sunday, July 11, 2010

I Have Heels

soles and heels of socks

I finished the heels on my toe-up Hermione's Everyday Socks. 2½ months after beginning these socks, I'm knitting on the legs. I mostly knit on socks at knitting club and when I'm at my mom's. At home, I mostly work on other things. Which is why I spent 6 months, start to finish, on the last pair of socks I made!

closeup of eye of partridge sock heel

The heels are a garter-stitch edged eye of partridge stitch pattern. I'm knitting these socks toe-up and the decreases along the sides of the heel flap made a ridge along the edge of the garter stitch, which is visibly different from the original top down pattern. If I had done a purl type decrease on the knit side and a knit type decrease on the purl side, I think it would look more like the original pattern.

Earlier posts about these socks: Color Pools, Berry Cobbler, Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment