Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ripple Dilemma

ripple afghan in progress

I'm crocheting a purple and gold afghan using my Easy Ripple Afghan pattern. Unfortunately, this is one of those times that I should have paid more attention to the yarn I grabbed. I thought I had 2 matching 8 ounce skeins of both purple and gold. Unfortunately, the golds were a not quite full 8 ounce skein of "Kolor Match" and a 3.5 ounce skein of "Love Knit", neither of which are made any more. The colors are close, but definately not the same. The stores don't have anything close to this shade of gold/sunflower.

The afghan is 36 inches wide by 24 inches long right now. I have used all of the "Kolor Match" yarn and just under half of the purple Red Heart. So what do I do now?

  • continue with the 2nd shade of gold, ignoring the change in shade,
  • use the 2nd gold, but add rows on both ends,
  • save the 2nd gold for something else and switch to white or off-white, working rows on both ends of the afghan

If I use the "Love Knit", I estimate that I can add about 12 inches to the length before running out of gold. I could do some more rows of purple to make it longer. I do have plenty of off-white I can use. The afghan will go to Project Linus if I get it finished. Suggestions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment