Sunday, June 17, 2007

Excuses, Excuses

One month ago! That's when I last posted here. Excuses? I got them. I was on vacation for 2 weeks. The other 2 weeks? Vacation is hard work and I had to recover and catch up. Most accurate excuse: a lot of time spent surfing the Internet and watching TV.

afghans from knitted squares

I turned in these 2 Project Linus afghans just before I left on vacation. A bag of knit squares was passed to me a couple of months ago. I crocheted around these squares using a join-as-you-go method and added an edging. A friend offered to put some squares together and, to my surprise, took all of the remaining squares.

wolf panel quilt top

Three of us quilted at our monthly Project Linus group this afternoon. Christy brought this quilt top. The center is a pillow panel and she added flying geese and star blocks. Our project of the day was a quilt top I call "Easy Xs". Large squares are sewn, cut, sewn and cut to make big quarter square triangle blocks. It reduced my PL stash a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment