Sunday, November 04, 2007

Reporting In

I've been AWOL from this blog for 6 weeks. My niece's wedding sidetracked me for a bit, but that was 4 weeks ago. I've done blog-worthy things, but never got around to writing. I finished knitting a pair of socks and started another pair. I made a couple of hats for a local homeless shelter. I'm trying to start on Christmas gifts. Not a lot of progress, but at least I have a couple of ideas.

My 3rd Sunday Project Linus group met as scheduled on Oct. 21 and I didn't even get my camera out. Saturday, October 27 was our annual city-wide Project Linus Make a Difference Day event. This year was different. We celebrated 10 years of service in Kansas City and had speakers from the places we deliver blankets to. I took lots of pictures and I've been working on writing the day up for our chapter website. This is a very real reason that I didn't post here last week. I still have photos to format for the web and web pages to create. I'll try to take a break and write something here occasionally.

I've quilted Project Linus quilts in the last month, both at our 3rd Sunday meeting and at home. Here are pictures of 3 of them. I think all 3 tops were made by a woman named Ruth, who makes lovely scrappy tops and gives them to Project Linus to finish. The first picture shows two 9-patch quilts.

2 9-patch quilts
dancing squares quilt dancing squares block

I don't know the real name of this block pattern, but I call it Dancing Squares. This is the third and last quilt top in this pattern from Ruth's last donation. I quilted and Jodie tied the first top back in August. Last month I managed to think of a way to machine quilt the interior of the blocks without a lot of stopping and starting a new line of stitching. There was a lot of twisting and turning, though.

Here's a closeup of one block, so you can see how the blocks are pieced.

No comments:

Post a Comment