I've finished 3 quilts this week, 2 child size quilts for Project Linus and a twin-bed sized quilt. All 3 are projects started long ago.
I pieced this Big Star quilt for a sample for our National Make a Blanket Day 2 years ago. I finished the quilt with needlepunched batting and echoed the lines of the star with the quilting. The pattern is available on my website. Look under Craft Patterns.
Next I quilted this Mile-a-Minute quilt top. You may recall that I recently finished piecing this top, but I started in July 2006. (See Mile-A-Minute Quilt Top #1 Finished!) I used a needlepunched batting and quilted diagonal lines through the blocks.
Last, but not least, is this twin-bed sized 9 patch quilt. The above photo shows half the quilt. The blocks were made shortly after Hurricane Katrina in 2005. With retirement imminent, I told the Quilts from Cornerstone group that if they made 9 patch blocks, I would finish a quilt for hurricane survivors. There were enough blocks for a queen-size and a twin-size quilt. The queen-size quilt was finished in 2006 and the twin-size sat unfinished for months between bursts of stitching on it.
At our final Quilts from Cornerstone meeting last May, Jeanine took the top, batting, and backing to quilt on her quilting machine. She quickly accomplished that, but intermediaries failed to return the unbound quilt to me until September. I was piecing the Lone Star quilt for my niece's wedding gift (another UFO to be finished), so the twin-size 9 patch again sat patiently waiting to be finished.
While my favorite sewing machine was vacationing at the spa, I stitched the cut edges of the binding to the quilt with another machine, but waited for my favorite to come home to stitch the folded edge of the binding down on the front of the quilt. I use the patchwork stitch on my Memory Craft 8000 when I finish binding by machine. Today, I finished the binding. Now I need to find a home for both the twin and queen-sized 9 patch quilts.
Click on any picture for a larger view.