Sunday, June 25, 2006

X Marks the Spot

X Marks the Spot quilt

I finished another quilt for Project Linus this morning. It is from a Project Linus quilt pattern called X Marks the Spot. The pattern is on the Idaho chapter patterns page. I skipped the border.

This quilt measures about 39.5 by 53 inches. I machine quilted all of the diagonal lines which resulted in diamonds that are about 2 3/4 inches wide. The batting is from a roll of polyester batting from JoAnns. It's the lightest weight (4 oz.), but is a bit thick and stiff. I got it on sale, so the price was right.

back of X Marks the Spot quilt

I didn't have a coordinating piece of fabric that was big enough for the back. I used some strips left from cutting the top to enlarge a piece of purple fabric to make the back. The picture on the right is the back of the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment