Thursday, July 27, 2006

Some Designing Going On

crochet fabric

I'm working on a new crochet design this week. I'm using Lion Brand Microspun yarn in royal blue. The yarn is so soft and I've wanted to try it out for some time. The yarn has 6 strands which are only slightly twisted. Periodically I have to frog a couple of stitches because I've missed part of the strands. Not a beginner yarn, but I like the result.

I went to the library Monday morning and checked out The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches from Reader's Digest. The book has 900 stitch patterns with color photographs and clearly gives the multiples for each pattern. It's arranged to make it easy to find medium versus heavyweight patterns or lace. I wound up picking a very simple stitch pattern that is probably in a book I have, (sc, ch3, dc) worked in the same space.

You'll have to wait for details on what I'm designing until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment