Thursday, January 24, 2008

Home Again, Finally!

Memory Craft 8000 sewing machine

What a beautiful sight! My New Home Memory Craft 8000 sewing machine back home in the sewing cabinet and my White Superlock 634D serger back on the dining table after a 3 week absence. They both got cranky when I was working on Christmas gifts last month. I gave up on trying to use the serger; I was wasting too much time trying to get it to work. The sewing machine was usable but had several minor problems.

White 634D serger

I left both machines at my "local" Janome dealer, 15 miles away, for service on January 2. I was told that it was taking a week to 10 days to service machines. "No problem," I said. "I won't be back up this way until the 17th."

After 2 weeks of silence, I call on the 16th to see if my machines are ready. The service staff are swamped. Seems everyone in the greater Kansas City area took their machines to be serviced right after New Years. They have no idea when my machines will be ready.

Finally, at 4:30 yesterday I got a call saying that my machines were ready to come home. After an appointment this morning, I drove an extra 20 miles to retrieve my machines. Hopefully, the three week vacation and spa treatment left them ready to go back to work. I'll have to take a test drive soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment