Thursday, July 31, 2008

August is UFO and Scrap Busting Month

I officially declare August 2008 is UFO and Scrap Busting month. I've made a little progress this year on finishing some UFOs and using some scrap yarn and fabric, but not as much as I'd like.

I reported yesterday that I've already started clearing some of the clutter (i.e., unfinished and unstarted projects) in my quilting area. I've also worked on some crochet clutter. I had 2 spiral skull caps that I started and ran out of yarn before reaching the brim. I really didn't want to frog them, but after a year and a half I decided there was no other option.

The picture below shows the unfinished teal cap before frogging. The royal blue cap was slightly larger than the teal one before frogging. I combined the royal blue yarn with other blues to create a striped hat.

crocheted caps

Here are the projects I want to complete during August.

  1. Southwest Pottery Quilt - quilt, bind and add hanging sleeve. This has been basted for machine quilting for 3 years.
  2. Scrappy Hearts quilt top - add borders to finish the top. I finished sewing the blocks together nearly 2 years ago. This was started in our now disbanded Quilts from Cornerstone group. I plan to give the top to Jeanine for her Quilts from the Bluffs group to finish and donate.
  3. A hat for charity using some small yarn balls.
  4. A hat for charity using some of the remaining Red Heart Symphony.
  5. Assemble a Granny's Daughter afghan. I have a copy paper box nearly full of motifs sent to me by many generous people several years ago for a Granny's Daughter Afghans for Project Linus project. It's been 3 years since I assembled one, so this is overdue.
  6. Chef Dish Towel - finish the embroidery.
  7. Make 2 quilt tops from my scrap drawer. I seem to create scraps than I use. I'll head over to Quiltville to get some inspiration from Bonnie's great scrappy designs.
  8. Scrappy Squares quilt - turn the top into a finished Project Linus Blanket.

Anyone one want to join me and reduce the craft clutter?

No comments:

Post a Comment