Thursday, July 03, 2008

You Can Say "Aww"

baby sock

Isn't this baby sock cute? And fast to knit. I've gone from one end of the socknitting extreme to the other - knee socks to baby socks. I started them about 10 days ago and expect to finish the second one this weekend. Everyone at knitting club admired the finished sock today. The recipient of the socks will be the baby my niece and nephew-in-law are expecting in August.

The yarn is Tofutsies left over from making socks with the Tidal Wave pattern. I'm using the Just Your Basic Baby Socks pattern by Patti Pierce Stone. Sort of. I'm using fingering weight yarn and 2.25 mm needles and 40 stitches to produce a 3 month size. I also added ribbing on the leg and instep so the sock will be harder for baby fingers to remove and will fit for an extra week or two as the baby grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment