Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Scrappy Hearts Finished

Greetings from Albuquerque! I'm enjoying a visit with good friends. We've been to Santa Fe and the NM State Fair.

Scrappy Hearts quilt top

I finished the Scrappy Hearts quilt top last Wednesday and wanted to show you the result. The finished quilt top is approximately 48" by 67".

The heart block is very simple, just 3 patches, and designed for strip piecing, so you can make a bunch quickly. Unfortunately, with 2 inch strips, I wound up making a lot of blocks. I favor quick quilt projects and this one wasn't. That's why it took me 3 years to finish the quilt top.

Scrappy Hearts quilt top detail

I'm taking this top to the Quilts from the Bluffs retreat on the 19th. It started in our old Quilts from Cornerstone group, and I'm giving the top to Quilts from the Bluffs to finish and donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment