Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Second Saturday Charity Quilting

It's Tuesday and I've been absent from blogging for a few days. My second Saturday charity quilting group, a.k.a. Quilts from Cornerstone, met last Saturday. Three of us did at least. Other summer activities, vacations, house guests and moving into a new house rather diminished our turnout this month.

Our leader was moving and with everyone's schedules we met for 4 hours instead of our normal 7 hours. I have no pictures, but we worked on piecing some more of the flying geese UFOs like the top I finished last month. I brought one kit home to finish piecing.

froggy H quilt block

I took advantage of our late start on Saturday to finish quilting an H-block quilt that I made with some cute froggy fabric. I quilted all of the ditches and quilted an "X" through the rectangles of frog fabric. I finished 2 partial spools of purple thread and opened a spool of Essential thread to finish the quilting. This quilt will go to Project Linus.

H-block quilt with frog fabric

No comments:

Post a Comment