I finished mitering the borders on this attic windows quilt top a few days ago. I bought the fabric 3 years ago. The quilt sat on my design wall with borders basted on 3 sides for weeks. I finally decided I liked the borders, but the gift-giving event was long gone. The unfinished top was put away to work on other projects.
The quilt features my least favorite color, orange, and has 2 things I seldom do: set-in seams and mitered borders. Those techniques are too time consuming for Project Linus quilts, which are most of what I sew.
The completed top will go back in the stash until I'm inspired to convert it into a finished quilt. Since retiring almost 2 years ago I've made slow progress on my UFOs and on reducing my Project Linus stash. Eventually I want to move and I don't want to move all of the accumulation.
I started to make an Easy Xs quilt top with red and gold squares, but got lazy and stopped at half square triangles instead of making the hour glass blocks. The Christmas stocking print is a large design so it works well as a large triangle. I sewed the blocks at our Project Linus group 2 Sundays ago. The group Oooo'd and Aaaah'd when I started laying blocks in the diagonal pattern.
It's usually at least 2 or 3 months before Project Linus tops become finished blankets. Now is the time to start making holiday themed blankets. Louise thinks she has some Christmas prints in her Project Linus stash, so I'll let her match this top to a back.