There's an old saying:
If something is worth doing, it's worth doing right.
That's why I frogged the toe of the second footie sock of the pair yesterday morning. I added one more row before the toe decreases. One row is about 1/11 of an inch, but it is enough to make a difference in how the sock feels on my foot.I reknitted the toe and completed the footies just in time to wear them to take yarn to Dolores and pick up her 8 Project Linus afghans.
The footie socks are made with the Sockotta yarn left from making my knee socks. They are knitted top down with a hemmed cuff. The body of the socks is stockinette stitch. Shoes cover most of the sock, so why bother with a stitch pattern.
I made a provisional cast-on with waste yarn and knitted about an inch of ribbing. Then I did a row of all knit stitches, a row of knit 2 together alternating with yarn overs, and a row of knit stitches. Then I did another inch of ribbing. I folded the cuff, matching the cast-on edge with the stitches on the needles. Unraveling the waste yarn, I put the loops from the cast-on edge on a second set of needles.
I knit the 2 cuff edges together by holding the needles with the 2 edges of the cuff in my left hand and knitting one stitch through a stitch from each of the left hand needles. After the cuff, I did about ½ inch of plain stockinette stitch and then worked the heel foot and toes as normal.