Saturday, August 18, 2007

Lone Star Quilt - Part 3

Progress was slow on the Lone Star quilt again this week. I haven't found the secret technique to match all the intersections correctly the first time. Frustrated with ripping out and restitching seams, I took a 3 day break and only stitched 3 points together this week.

five points of Lone Star quilt

Early in the week, I pinned the background fabric up next to 2 of the star points. Unfortunately, I don't like it with the star points. It's too busy and something a shade lighter would probably look better. I plan to look for a different background next week. I haven't bought the backing fabric yet, so I'll try to create a plan to piece the reject together with something else for the back.

Previous posts: Lone Star Quilt -Part 2, Lone Star Quilt -Part 1, Support Your Local Quilt Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment