Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Grand Sierra Knee Socks - Rip-it, Rip-it

Just when I thought it was safe to knit away . . .

My Grand Sierra knee socks were fitting well. I planned my lower leg decreases to get down to the number of stitches needed for the heel and instep and knitted away. Two weeks ago, the socks looked like this with the legs more or less complete.

legs of knee socks

I tried them on one last time before starting the heel. Uh oh! The socks fit my legs nicely, but I can barely pull them over my heel. Not good!

I ripped out 16 rows and reknit 10 rows with no decreases. I try them on again and they go over my heel with persistence and care; not much better than they were. So I frogged 26 rows (rip-it, rip-it) to eliminate more decreases.

With the warming weather, I've not been motivated to reknit very many rows. I'm also concerned about how the fit will change when I end the pattern stitch and work the foot in plain stockinette stitch.

Earlier Posts about these socks: Grand Sierra Knee Socks - Progress, Grand Sierra Knee Socks - 2½ Frogs Later, Grand Sierra Knee Socks - A Frogging We Go, Grand Sierra Knee Socks - Designing

No comments:

Post a Comment