Thursday, July 31, 2008

Interwoven Leaves Socks

leaf socks in progress

I cast-on my current sock project on July 5. I've not worked on it much the last 2 weeks, so progress has slowed, but not stopped. I'm currently doing the increases for the gusset and have 8 or 10 more rows to do.

The yarn is Regia 4-ply, color number 1035. Each of the plys is a different color: green, blue, yellow and magenta. The green seems dominant to me and I was inspired by Julie Huston’s Orange Leaf Socks to create socks with a leaf design. I'm using size 0 (2 mm) needles with a gauge of about 10.5 stitches and 14 rows per inch.

I’m knitting toe-up, both socks at once, Magic Loop style. Basic sock pattern is Wendy’s Fingering Weight, Toe-Up Socks with Gusset and Slip-Stitch Heel. I'm adding a leaf design to the instep and leg. I added 2 stitches to the stitch pattern from the Orange Leaf Socks to create a 12 stitch repeat (instead of 10 stitches).

No comments:

Post a Comment