Sunday, December 30, 2007

A Crafty Christmas

Christmas pillow

I was on the receiving end of some Christmas crafting. My (step)sister, Susie, handcrafts most of the gifts she gives. She made me a whimsical pillow with Christmas themed fabric featuring Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the Peanuts gang and some ball fringe. The back of the pillow is a fuzzy neon green fabric.

slipcovered ottoman

Susie also slipcovered this hassock or ottoman. I'm not sure what to call it. It's an upholstered wood box with a hinged lid and 4 casters. It could be used as a seat. There are little horses embroidered on the navy fabric. I love horses and I love the Peanuts gang.

Fortissima Socka yarn

My other (step)sister, Sharon, doesn't do much crafting, but is willing to feed my obsessions. She got me this blue/grey skein of Fortissima Socka because she thought it would look good with blue jeans. I think she's right. She also got me a gift certificate to a yarn shop near my mom's house. My niece and her hubby gave me a Hobby Lobby gift card.

My Albuquerque friends, Wanda and Roger, got me a Sidewinder, a portable bobbin winder that runs on AC power or batteries. Coincidently, the bobbin winder on my primary sewing machine is currently on the injured list. What timing!

blanket & Tshirt

Wanda's mom put her computerized embroidery machine to work. This picture isn't the best, but you can see the white T-shirt with embroidered lavender flowers. On the left is a holiday themed fleece blanket with blanket stitch edge. Underneath is a large pink towel monogrammed with my initials. For good measure, she included a sewing tool set containing a seam gauge, thread snips and a seam ripper. You can never have too many of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment