Monday, December 31, 2007

What's in Those Gift Bags? - Part 2

Continuing my Christmas show and tell, here are 2 more gifts I made to fill those gift bags I put near my mom's tree.

fleece blanket

My sister, Sharon, requested a fleece quillow to replace one she's been using for a few years. I purchased about 2½ yards of fleece to make an nice large one. Hans' Sewing and Vacuum's website has fleece quillow instructions.

folded fleece quillow

In case you don't know, a quillow is a quilt with an attached pocket and it folds into a pillow. I think the family members I've given them to could care less about folding the quilt, or fleece blanket, into a pillow. They like to put their feet in the pocket to keep their toes warm.

faux braided edge on fleece blanket

I finished the edge of the fleece with a faux braided edge that is a lot easier to do than it looks like. I learned this technique at our Project Linus Make a Difference Day gathering last October.

crocheted potholders

I made these potholders for Sharon's mother-in-law. Earlier in the year, she admired some I had made for my mom, so I made her some of her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment