Sunday, December 02, 2007

Yarn Acquistions on Black Friday

Fighting crowds of shoppers on Black Friday is not my kind of fun. However, this year JoAnns had yarn on sale at a price that is not likely to happen again anytime soon. And this was the yarn that I always buy for Dolores. At 10:00 am, my mom and I headed to JoAnns. I thought that the crowds would be smaller and the lines shorter by then. Maybe they were, but we still stood in the checkout line over 45 minutes.

lot of yarn

But look what I got. Sixteen pounds of yarn at $4 a pound and 2 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver at $1.89, less 20% off of everything. The pound skeins were less than half their regular $6.99 price. In retrospect, the checkout line might have been shorter if we'd got there at 9:30 instead of 10:30. I think we were in the secondary rush of people shopping before the 20% off coupon expired at noon.

After JoAnns, we avoided crowded shopping centers. I coerced my mom into visiting Simply Fibers. I needed different needles to knit a Christmas stocking. The ones I'd found at Hobby Lobby were a drag to knit with. I went straight to the knitting needle display and picked out Addi Turbo needles.

sock yarn

I can't be in a yarn shop without looking at sock yarn. I did have an ulterior motive. I got my mom to pick out yarn for me to make her a pair of socks. The gift won't be a surprise, but I know she'll like it. She picked out the blue and green Trekking XXL on the right.

I selected some Jawoll to make a pair of knee socks and just couldn't resist the wine colored Tofusies. I've knit socks with Tofutsies and like the feel and I love red. I almost put the Tofutsies back, but was glad I kept it. When I checked out, I discovered the yarn was 25% off, but only if you bought at least $50 worth. Without the Tofutsies, I wouldn't have got the discount and would have paid more for my purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment