Sunday, February 04, 2007

2006 Christmas Gifts Created - Part 1

I promised to share pictures of the gifts I made for Christmas. Here's the first installment.

crocheted potholders and kitchen towel

Four potholders and a kitchen towel crocheted in worsted weight cotton yarn. The potholders are designs I learned on an email list several years ago, are worked in single crochet and are extra thick. The kitchen towel pattern is at http://www.crochetnmore.com/notiehangingdishtowel.htm. This gift went to my best friend's mom.

knit hat and scarf in Homespun yarn

I knit this hat and scarf from a skein of Lion Brand Homespun yarn. I designed as I knit and didn't write anything down since it was so simple. The scarf is garter stitch (knit every row). The hat is stockinette stitch with a knit 2, purl 2 rib cuff. This gift went to my best friend's dad.

men's slippers

These men's slippers are crocheted from a green skein of Red Heart Super Saver. The pattern is Men's Padded Sole Slippers at http://www.crochetandknitting.com/slpprs7.htm. I modified the pattern slightly so the back doesn't come quite as high up the heel. I stuffed them with bubble wrap for the picture. This gift went to my best friend's husband.

crocheted purple bunny slippers

Purple bunny slippers! The pattern is "Fluffy Bunny Slippers" from Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker. They are made in magenta Red Heart Symphony and purple Lion Brand Wool-Ease Worsted Weight yarn. I added an extra row around the sides and back, so they cover more of the heel and stay on better. This gift went to my best friend.

crocheted Westie slippers

My niece wanted to know if I could make slippers that look like a Westie (West Highland Terrier) dog after seeing the pink bunny slippers I made for my stepsister. I used tundra Red Heart Symphony and fisherman Lion Brand Wool-Ease Worsted Weight yarn and created these slippers. The ears are wider and shorter than the bunny ears. I cut the noses from boiled (felted) wool and appliqued them on. I crocheted a longer starting chain and extra rounds/rows to fit my niece's size 9/10 foot. She loved the slippers and wore them almost immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment