Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Grand Sierra Knee Socks - Finally Finished

Grand Sierra knee socks

After a mere 5 months, I am happy to report that my Grand Sierra Knee Socks are finished! The stripes don't quite match as there were 3 knots in one skein of yarn.

Grand Sierra knee sock on foot eye of partridge heel

Recap: The yarn is color #893 of OnLine Supersocke 100 Sierra yarn, color name - Grand Canyon Trekking. Socks were knit top down on size 0 (2.0 mm) needles. I knit both socks at once, magic loop style. The socks are my original design inspired by the Nutkin sock pattern designed by Beth LaPensee for Knitzi.com. I used an eye of partridge heel. I do not plan to publish the pattern, because I see ways the design could be better.

Earlier Posts about these socks: Grand Sierra Knee Socks - A Grafted Toe, Grand Sierra Knee Socks - There Be Heels, Grand Sierra Knee Socks - Rip-it, Rip-it,Grand Sierra Knee Socks - Progress, Grand Sierra Knee Socks - 2½ Frogs Later, Grand Sierra Knee Socks - A Frogging We Go, Grand Sierra Knee Socks - Designing

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Beautiful socks! You have a lot patience. They look really comfortable.

    ReplyDelete