Thursday, June 19, 2008

Grand Sierra Knee Socks - A Grafted Toe

grafted sock toe

I finished the toe decreases on my Grand Sierra Knee Socks today at knitting club. As I prepared to graft the first toe together with Kitchener stitch, Cathy (or maybe it was Kathy) asked if she could watch me. I said, "Sure." She was really excited at seeing it done, as she had only read about it.

A neatly grafted toe is a beautiful thing and the process is a bit magical. I learned from unillustrated instructions in an old "learn how" booklet. I carry a copy of that page with my sock knitting. I was delighted to show Cathy (Kathy?) how it's done.

Earlier Posts about these socks: Grand Sierra Knee Socks - There Be Heels, Grand Sierra Knee Socks - Rip-it, Rip-it,Grand Sierra Knee Socks - Progress, Grand Sierra Knee Socks - 2½ Frogs Later, Grand Sierra Knee Socks - A Frogging We Go, Grand Sierra Knee Socks - Designing

No comments:

Post a Comment