Saturday, May 17, 2008

Grand Sierra Knee Socks - There Be Heels

knee sock heels

There are heels and about an inch of gusset on my Grand Sierra knee socks. I'm trying them every few rows and the fit looks good. I worried they might suddenly turn baggy over the instep when the pattern stitch used on the leg ended. I expect to continue the gusset decreases until I have several stitches less than at the bottom of the leg.

Technical details: I used an eye of partridge heel and continued the eye of partridge pattern through the heel turn.

Earlier Posts about these socks: Grand Sierra Knee Socks - Rip-it, Rip-it,Grand Sierra Knee Socks - Progress, Grand Sierra Knee Socks - 2½ Frogs Later, Grand Sierra Knee Socks - A Frogging We Go, Grand Sierra Knee Socks - Designing

No comments:

Post a Comment