Saturday, August 30, 2008

UFO/Scrap Busting Report - 8/30/08

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone! I'm at my mom's until Monday. Then home for a couple of days and Thursday I head for Albuquerque. Even though there's no job to take a break from, I'm really looking forward to my vacation trip.

heart quilt in progress

I've made progress on borders for the Scrappy Hearts quilt top. I cut strips into rectangles yesterday and stitched them together for the inner border. Luckily, the strips were almost exactly the amount of fabric I needed for this border. Good thing since this fabric came from our old Quilts from Cornerstone group. The group disbanded over a year ago and I've had this fabric / UFO over 3 years.

After the pieced border, I'll add a black border around the outside. I plan to finish the borders Tuesday and Wednesday, so I can cross this UFO off my list before I leave on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment