Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Purple Waves Socks

purple waves socks

My Purple Waves Socks were inspired by the Broadripple sock pattern, but I wanted to work toe-up. I used Wendy’s Fingering Weight, Toe-Up Socks with Gusset and Slip-Stitch Heel Pattern and added this ripple pattern stitch on the instep and leg.

k1, k2tog, k3, yo, k1, yo, k3. ssk, k1

Vital statistics:

  • Started: August 11, 2009
  • Finished: April 14, 2010
  • Yarn: TOFUtsies by South West Trading Company, color way 727 Tenderfoot
  • Knitted Magic Loop style, 2 socks on 1 circular, toe-up
  • Needle size: US 0, 2.0mm
  • Gauge: 10.75 stitches and 14 rows per inch
  • Number of stitches: 74 (foot) and 78 (leg)
  • Heel flap: Eye of Partridge stitch pattern
Heel of Purple Waves Sock Foot of Purple Waves Sock

2 comments:

  1. Your purple waves socks look amazing! I haven't mastered the little needles for socks yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great socks!

    hey you won EQ7. congrats! I hope I can win a copy.

    ReplyDelete