It's that time again. Our Project Linus group met at JoAnns this afternoon. More 7½" heart blocks were made and some were put together with crayon squares. I took this prequilted panel from the fabric that Jessie gave away last Saturday and a piece of yellow for binding (from fabric bought with the TeleComm Pioneer's money) and finished a quilt. It went home with the twins to get laundered before delivery. I picked pet hair off the entire time I worked on it and there was still more!
Jodie brought a bag of donations from an AT&T contact who told me she had "material". Much to our surprise, we got quilt tops and matching flannel fabric. This square in a square top is part of the donation. One of our group this afternoon added the outer border to finish it and make it a little bigger.
There were cut squares of fabric ready to make tops. This striped fabric made 2 eye-catching quilt tops finished with a brown border. A variety of black and white fabrics, finished with a red border made a bold quilt top.
Christy likes to do her own thing with precut squares, with pleasing results. She turned these floral and lavender squares into blocks with 2 half square triangles. We have to wait to see what interesting design she creates.
A mother and teen daughter donated this knitted baby afghan and stayed to tie a couple of quilts. The pastel afghan makes a very pale photo. Look closely to see the heart design formed by the stitch pattern. It is a beautiful afghan.